Empowering Customer Decisions (ECD)
Emotionally connecting with the customer to influence decision-making.
For those in a service, helpdesk or customer-facing role, being able to understand your customer’s emotional state and influence your customers to agree to the solution or next steps is imperative to move the situation forward.
The Empowering Customer Decision programme helps participants to understand their personal impact on customers and be able to adapt accordingly. They will explore Emotional Activators, the creation of Peak Moments and be able to evaluate the impact this has on your customer and their perception of the experience they are receiving.
Participants will learn how to put themselves in the shoes of your customers to understand their needs and the emotions that drive them. The programme will also focus on using proven techniques to influence the customer’s buying decision: (i.e. bandwaggoning, framing, loss aversion etc.). It can demonstrate how to use the techniques with the different customer types.
This modular course is based on more than 20 years of quantitative, qualitative and field-based CX research. It forms part of Imparta’s 3D CX Curriculum, which helps CX and Service professionals to deliver a differentiated customer experience.
This highly interactive programme develops lasting skills and CX techniques through a comprehensive set of simulated activities, application and real-life exercises, tools and reinforcement techniques within Imparta’s continuous improvement ecosystem.
Key training topics include:
- Identify how to recognise emotion in yourself and others and the ability to use this awareness to put your customer first.
- Be able to use the right Emotional Activator at the right time to create Peak moments for each customer.
- Understand the concept of Emotional Intelligence and recognize positive and negative behaviours.
- Understand how self-awareness and control affect your work.
- Know some tangible ways to improve your control of Emotional Intelligence and apply them when interacting with customers.
- Use a consultative approach to understand the customer’s future goals.
- Explore human behaviour to identify techniques to enhance the customer experience.
- Know a variety of behavioural techniques which can influence customer decision-making and be able to use them at the right time in the right situation.
The Empowering Customer Decisions™ training programme will help to deliver impact to customer conversations, enhance NPS/CSAT results and drive loyalty.
It will help you focus on key metrics that include:
- Customer Effort
- Productivity & Efficiency
- Loyalty and customer retainment
Secondary benefits include:
- A shift in mindset to a more customer-centric conversational approach.
- Employees who are engaged and driven to excel in the way they communicate with customers.
Creating an Emotional Experience
This is an example concept from the Empowering Customer Decisions programme, which can be delivered in eLearning and instructor-led formats.
Who is it For?
This programme is suitable for those who deliver service interactions to B2B or B2C customers who need to differentiate the conversations to create a positive customer experience and resolve customer issues & challenges in a structured customer-centric approach.
The course is designed for both inbound and outbound service roles, helpdesks and any customer-facing role.
Formats and Duration
The programme is part of Imparta’s CX modular curriculum.
It is available as:
- eLearning (full modules, plus individual assets that can be embedded into playbooks).
- A 2-day instructor-led face-to-face workshop.
- 4 four-hour virtual instructor-led sessions.
- Flipped learning where the classroom is used to focus on application.
- Modules that can be combined with other courses.
The programme also includes competency definitions, application tools, measurement, and reinforcement tools including nudge questions and manager coaching guides to make the new skills stick.
Application tools (Canvases) are available in print, editable PDF and Excel versions.
The Canvases help attendees to embed their new skills, and to apply them to delivering a differentiated service experience to improve NPS, CSAT and customer loyalty.
Explore the modules
Creating an Emotional Connection
Impact: NPS & Loyalty
Create emotional connections by building trust, understanding each customer’s individual emotional motivators and then connecting to them through what you say and do. Deliver connected experiences that build loyalty and advocacy.
The Science of Emotional Connection
Impact: NPS & Loyalty
Understand the top emotional motivators that have an impact on a customer’s value to the organisation, and how emotional motivators vary by individual, product and context. Know the value of a fully connected customer.
Empowering Customer Decisions
Impact: Customer Effort; NPS
Know the right things that stop customers being able to commit to a good decision. Be able to overcome these barriers to create empowered customer who can make good decisions, within any constraints that exist, that are in their own interests.
Influencing Customer Commitment
Impact: Lifecycle Value; NPS
Leverage the psychology of human decision-making (including social proof, single option aversion and framing/loss aversion) to enhance the customer’s experience and ethically influence them towards a good decision.
Impact: NPS; Loyalty
Anticipate, uncover and alleviate risks at fore levels; Regulatory, Security, Financial and Individual, so that customers can make informed decisions and limit any potential negative impact.