Imparta Limited (“we, us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Scope of Terms and Conditions
This policy as set out at www.imparta.com (“Website”) applies to your use of:
- the Website;
- any data, online or electronic documents supplied or accessed via the Website (“Documents”); and
- any of the services accessible through the Website (“Services”).
By using this Website, you accept these terms and conditions in full and you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this Website.
As well as the general terms and conditions for use of our Website, this document sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Imparta Limited of 14-16 Peterborough Road, London, SW6 3BN.
Information We May Collect About You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (“Submitted Information”): you may give us information about yourself by filling in contact or other forms on the Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the phone number or serial number of the device onto which you download the Website (“Device”), age, username, password and other registration information.
- Information we collect about you and your Device (“Device Information”): each time you visit the Website, we may automatically collect technical information, including the type of Device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s serial number, or the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface), network information, your operating system, and the type of browser you use, and details of your use of the Website and your visits to and interaction with the Website, including the resources that you access.
When you visit the Website, we use certain tracking technology to collect and use details of where you are on the internet (for example, the URL you came from, IP address, domain types, your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located) and the pages of the Website that you visited, the advertisements you clicked on and any search terms that you entered (“User Information”). This is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. We may collect User Information even if you do not submit to us or we do not obtain any other personal information.
We may also obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. We use this information to improve your experience of the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. Cookies enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences and therefore allow us to customize the Website according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you when you return to the Website.
Some of the cookies we use are essential for this Website to operate.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the Website. The type of cookies which we use are summarized in the table below.
|Name||What’s it for?||Expiry|
|.ASPXAUTH||Used to determine if a user is authenticated.||Expiry Period|
|ARRAffinity||This cookie is set by websites run on the Windows Azure cloud platform. It is used for load balancing to make sure the visitor page requests are routed to the same server in any browsing session.||End of browser session|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||This cookie is used to identify the user’s browser session.||End of browser session|
|CulturePref||This cookie identifies a user’s chosen language/culture preference.||12 months|
|ai_session||This cookie is used for website analytics.||End of browser session|
|ai_user||This cookie is used for website analytics.||End of browser session|
|UserName||The cookie is used to remember the user’s username between sessions.||100 days|
Uses Made of Your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted Information: we use the Submitted Information in order to provide you with the Services and to provide us with information on the Services you access and the activities you undertake as part of the Services, for example the duration and time of such access and activities.
- Device Information: we use Device Information to analyze your access to and use of the Website and Services in order for us to provide the Services to you and to refine and improve the Website and our products and services.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose some or all of the data we collect about you to the following third parties:
- any of our service providers or agents including (without limitation) those engaged by us from time to time to securely store your personal data, those engaged by us to perform functions on our behalf (such as associate trainers, payment processing and customer support or mailings, and database administrators engaged by us from time to time).
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Imparta Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; and/or
in order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of Imparta Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not disclose your email address or other personal information to any third party for the purpose of enabling it to contact you for marketing purposes.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored in the cloud.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We may collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 14-16 Peterborough Road, London, SW6 3BN or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can access and correct, update or delete your personal data at any time by logging into your account via the Website.
General Terms And Conditions
- not use the Website or any Service in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by accessing, storing, distributing or transmitting any malicious code, including viruses, or harmful data, into the Website, any Service or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the Website or any Service;
- not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the Website or any Service;
- not use the Website or any Service in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from any Service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Service;
together “Acceptable Use Restrictions”.
We reserve the right, without liability or prejudice to our other rights to you, to disable your access to any material that breaches the Acceptable Use Restrictions.
Intellectual Property Rights
You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights including copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Website anywhere in the world belong to us, that rights in the Website are not sold to you, and that you have no rights in, or to, the Website, Documents or the Services other than the right to use each of them in accordance with the terms of these Terms and Agreements.
You acknowledge that you have no right to have access to the Website or Services in source-code form.
The following trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) belong to Imparta: IMPARTA, IMPARTA.COM, I-COACH, I-COACH.COM, THE IMPARTA VIRTUAL SALES ACADEMY, THE VIRTUAL SALES ACACDEMY. This Agreement does not grant the Customer any rights to, or in, any Intellectual Property Rights or any other rights or licenses in respect of these Marks.
Limitation of Liability
This condition sets out our entire financial liability (including any liability for the acts or omissions of our employees, agents and sub-contractors) to you:
- in respect of your access to and use of the Website, and any use you make of the Services and Documents or any part of them; and
- in respect of any representation, statement or tortious act or omission (including negligence) arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
You (as between us and you) assume sole responsibility for results obtained from the use of the Website, Services and the Documents, and for conclusions drawn from such use. Imparta shall have no liability for any damage caused by errors or omissions in any information, instructions or scripts provided to Imparta by you or the Company in connection with the Website, Services, or any actions taken by Imparta at your or the Company’s direction;
All warranties, representations, conditions and all other terms of any kind whatsoever implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, excluded from these Terms and Conditions.
The Website, Services and Documents are provided to you on an “as is” basis.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes our liability for death or personal injury caused by Imparta’s negligence.
We shall not be liable under any circumstances to you whether in tort (including for negligence or breach of statutory duty), contract, misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise for any loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses or loss or corruption of data or information, or pure economic loss, or for any special, indirect or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses suffered by you, however arising under these Terms and Conditions.
Variation to Terms and Conditions
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Imparta in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Please note that these Terms and Conditions, their subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Questions, comments and requests regarding these Terms and Conditions should be addressed to 14-16 Peterborough Road, London, SW6 3BN or contact us here.