Good sales negotiation cannot be separated from the sales process.
Poor sales negotiation may be costing you as much as 50% of your net profit.
Economic uncertainty has taught customers to push hard on price and terms, and even relatively receptive buyers use aggressive negotiation techniques. For sellers, the impact on average price can be as much as 5%, which in turn can represent up to 50% of net profits. Yet many companies use generic negotiation training that is not adapted for the sales environment.
Good sales negotiation cannot be separated from the sales process. Negotiating Client Value (NCV) is designed specifically for salespeople. It equips them to negotiate around the Buying Cycle, uncovering insights at each stage to power their negotiation strategy and drive measured impact. NCV combines positional and interest-based negotiation, and incorporates advanced techniques derived from NLP and Behavioral Economics.
It equips your salespeople to retain goodwill and spot opportunities to create value for both parties, while defending your margins against price pressure and common procurement tactics and strategies.
Who will benefit from this program?
This program is for anyone involved in sales or contract negotiations with customers. Typical roles would include: account managers, channel managers, business development managers, salespeople, sales managers and commercial managers.
It comprises 10 modules that can be used as-is or combined with other modules from our sales curriculum. Each of the modules is represented by one of the following cards, please click through the cards for more detail.
What will this program help you solve?
- Lack of client insight NCV teaches a robust process which will challenge and change your view of sales negotiation. The process is supported by a modular planning tool to help identify the client’s perspective, interests, and alternatives in order to improve negotiation outcomes.
- Failing to maximize opportunities Even experienced negotiators get locked into thinking that what is on the table is all that can be negotiated. The Negotiating Client Value program encourages wider thinking about negotiation and uses creative approaches to increase the size and value of the deal for both parties.
- Inability to identify when the client is ready to negotiate NCV helps participants to understand the overlap between selling and negotiating and to avoid being drawn into offering valuable concessions during the sales process. The Buying Cycle framework helps negotiators to align their strategies to where the other party is in their buying process.
- Entrenched client negotiating positions Many negotiators overestimate their negotiation abilities or underestimate the negotiation capabilities of the other party. We help participants plan effective strategies that can be flexed if the initial strategy is not producing the desired result.
- Not engaging with Procurement This program helps participants to plan for engagement with Procurement and provides concrete tools and techniques to deal with strategies such as time pressure, nibbling, and ‘best of the best’.
- Loss of composure under pressure Negotiating for major sales contracts can be stressful. Buyers often deploy artificial pressure points such as time deadlines, competitor offers, or even aggressive behavior to make the seller concede in fear and win the deal. This workshop teaches participants how to retain composure, push back against pressure points and tricks, and stick to their planned strategy.
NCV is typically delivered as a 2-day workshop, supported by blended learning and assessments, and further enhanced by our cloud-based social and mobile learning platform, i-Coach.
After being in this industry for eight years and attending various negotiation training programs, I can honestly say this one has been the most beneficial, powerful, and certainly the most enjoyable. Sales Leader, Business Services